Ok so every year there seems to be some new meme thing out there for a wrap-up of the entire year. In 2005 I answered random questions, in 2006 I modified one where I was supposed to just write the first line of each first post of the month. I think I liked what I did last year, so I will continue with that version. I will start each month with the first line of the first post and then I will add other important things that happened that month.
January (39 posts) : It’s getting harder and harder to remember the time when I actually cared about New Year’s Eve. [so true, I still feel this way]
- turned 31, which to be honest I don’t really remember happening. When asked how old I am, I still say 30. It’s sort of as if the entire year in my in-laws’ home never happened.
- went house hunting twice, which resulted in finding our house (the last one we saw on the last time we went out).
- Monkey came to visit for my birthday and I so desperately wished she would move back to Montreal (hey, my wish came true!)
February (32 posts) : It’s true! [vague enough?]
- had my first ever MRI
- health started getting really bad, really fast
- Jinx turned 2
- still living in my in-laws’ basement… but closer to having our own place!
- my favourite Aunt was diagnosed with cancer (multiple myeloma)
March (22 posts) : We’re off to sign the deed for the house. [pretty self explanatory, huh? YAY!]
- bought our house 😉
- Annie turned 9
- Shawn turned 30
- one year anniversary of the fire in Verdun, which in hindsight was a blessing in disguise
- joined Facebook (hint, hint) and reconnected with a ton of people I missed.
- got the keys to the house on the last day of the month!
April (24 posts) : So a bunch of years ago, when my lovely Dream Machine clock-radio died (I’d had it since the 5th grade, too) I was given this ’smart’ clock thing. [which is actually kinda cool]
- moved into the house and out of the in-laws’ basement! w00ty w00t!
- Marcel was the first visitor to the home and I made him breakfast
- Monkey was the first over-night guest to the house and then decided to move back to Montreal and found an apartment in one day!
May (23 posts) : (Saturday evening photos will be up soon. I have a half-written draft post saved, I just ran out of time!)[I have so little time these days, sigh.]
- Annabelly had surgery to remove what we thought was a tumor, but it turned out to be a cyst. Thank the doGs! 🙂
- my Aunt passed away from her battle with cancer, May 25. 🙁
- my father was diagnosed with cancer as well
- seem to have posted a lot of photos of flowers. Heh. Won’t be doing that this coming year as all that has been dug up and covered in grass!
June (17 posts) : sick sick sick [sigh, such is the mantra of my life]
- our 17-year old car died
- my father had successful surgery to remove the tumor they found
- we got our lovely new Dodge Caliber
- got to see my Uncle after many, many years since he and his new family came to Montreal from BC for my Aunt’s memorial service.
- Shawn started working the night shift, which went on for 13 bloody weeks!
July (9 posts – um, wow) : I cannot say that this has been a fantastic weekend. [when will we have a decent anniversary weekend, I wonder?]
- first and foremost, posted the LEAST amount of posts I ever have in my life of having a blog. What the heck!?
- Shawn had a fever of 102°F on our anniversary and had to work. Fun, fun!
- saw Transformers and it was all sorts of awesome!
- had a barium x-ray while on vacation
- went to Granby Zoo with Shawn
- met up with elementary school classmates for the first time in almost 20 years (thanks to Facebook)
- Monkey moved back to Montreal! Yay!!
- had fun at the Fireworks with Monkey and Shawn
August (16 posts) : If I had time, I swear I would post. [I am noticing a lack of time theme here…]
- bought awesome red shoes, just like Monkey
- Shawn still on nights at work
- both dogs got sprayed by a SKUNK at 4 in the morning – ARGH!
- yet another GI appointment canceled
- started my book blog (which I desperately need to update… *cough*)
September (11 posts) : My iBook! [frustrates me even now, all these months later!]
- thanks to the in-laws we’re sportin’ some comfy and fancy furniture in the living room!
- booked my tickets for my trip to New Brunswick in October… which turned out to be a wash, but hey.
- had my grandparents over for dinner for the first time in my new home
- retook the Theory test for my learner’s permit… still haven’t practiced driving enough to do the practical.
- Jill came to visit! Yay! And Jinx fell in love with her.
October ( 10) : Today is (Canadian) Thanks Giving. [whoopie! But at least it’s a day off, eh?]
- finally had a test in the GI department, which of course didn’t show anything abnormal, but the doctor wouldn’t speak to me that day so I couldn’t tell him how bad things really were. Lovely.
- went to New Brunswick to visit my cousins and ended up flying home halfway through due to serious health issues. Sigh.
- Shawn quit his crappy job and started a new job where he actually gets vacation! Whee!
- shower broke
November (18 posts) : Do they complain when their best hockey players can’t speak French and then make it a huge issue. [sometimes I hate living in Quebec]
- yet ANOTHER GI appointment canceled. This time it was rescheduled to January 22. On the bright side, it’s now closer than it was in November. Health still hasn’t improved though.
- discovered Ingrid Michaelson… probably one of the best albums I have ever listened to!
- went to my BFF’s 6th birthday party and made a necklace 🙂
- after THREE bloody trips to the salon, finally had awesome hair!
- due to the awesome Canadian dollar, we booked our Disney Vacation for February 2008 and it was cheap, cheap, cheap! Wheee!
- caved in to peer pressure and used a hair straightener for the first time
December (19 posts, including this one) : What is it about the first of December that always excites me? [it’s true! it always does!]
- celebrated our first Christmas in our new home!
- made my first turkey dinner for friends
- made my first roast dinner for family
- had two snowstorms which dropped over 4 feet of snow on the ground (UGH!)
- am ending the year happier than I ever had. I am so content with things right now I sort of don’t want 2008 to start because I’m afraid it won’t be as wonderful as 2007. It IS an even-numbered year, though I rather like the number 8, it always (for some unknown reason) reminded me of the moon and I love the moon. Who knows.
But yes, the year is over and I have learned a lot, and lived a lot and experienced a lot. I have read a crap-load of books (too many to talk about even! Hence the lack of updates on the book blog). I have strengthened friendships and made new ones. I have lived life to the fullest this past year and even though I have a ton of stupid health problems that are driving me batty, I have found that friends and family are the best support to get through the tough times.
I am wary of 2008, but also anxious to see what it holds for us – other than our Disney trip. 😉