Secret History of the Pink Carnation
by Lauren Willig
this isn’t something that i would normally read. it was suggested to me by a coworker when i was looking for a new book to read. it actually sounded like it could be amusing. the first chapter was, so that’s a good sign.
it’s about how Eloise, a grad student at Harvard, goes to england to study for a year and work on her dissertation. she also wants to unmask the mystery of the pink carnation, an elusive spy like the scarlet pimpernel and the purple gentian. so far i have read one chapter set in the present and the rest are set in the early 1800s, however whatever the era it certainly is amusing.
i just hope i like it all the way through. so far i do like the main characters, so that’s a good start!
Pink Carnation series
- Secret History of the Pink Carnation
- The Masque of the Black Tulip
- The Deception of the Emerald Ring
- The Seduction of the Crimson Rose
- The Temptation of the Night Jasmine
- The Betrayal of the Blood Lilly – Hardcover
- The Mischief of the Mistletoe – Hardcover, November 2010