Now, I was going to write something long and deep and thought provoking but I ran out of time. I had a bunch of friends (read: 2) come over today that I haven’t seen since the wedding. And I wasn’t on the computer all day. So. I snagged this from Squonk. heh.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make any resolutions, but I did try to set a few “before I turn 30” goals. I didn’t really accomplish most of them. I did get married, and I have my learner’s permit (not my license, like I wanted) and one other one that didn’t happen.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My Uncle had a baby boy at the end of the summer. I now have my first first cousin and my grandparents have their third grandchild.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. Thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
This year I didn’t even leave my town.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A record deal. My driver’s licence.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 2, 2005 – got married.
June 30/July 1st – met Cindy-Lou & Carissa.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I am off all meds except ONE and that’s for my stomach.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up keeping fit.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Miraculously no! I can’t believe I made it through an entire year without seriously injuring me or ending up in the ER. Don’t laugh, I think this is a first!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPod mini (before it broke and had to be replaced…)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Apple for the super quick and efficient repair service and getting me a replacement product within a week; all those people over in scary places trying to make life better for innocent people.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Most celebrities with their greed and infidelity; most people in politics.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Sadly, bills and rent. I’d say wedding costs, but that’s where most of our parents’ money went. heh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting Cindy-Lou and Carissa at our wedding; my wedding dress; my puppy.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Anna Nalick – 2AM (Breathe)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? happier
II. thinner or fatter? um..the same I think.
III. richer or poorer? crap, um, richer? poorer? I’d say the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Yoga & exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being bitter and impatient and cynical.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I spent it in my jammies and picking up dog poop under my tree with the love of my life.
21. How will you you spend New Year’s?
I will be spending it in my jammies, watching dvds with my husband. Hopefully NOT picking up dog poop under the tree.
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
All over again.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
[honourable mention goes to America’s Next Top Model because I did watch it every week]
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. [but mostly because I didn’t know them last year]
26. What was the best book you read?
How I Paid For College: a Novel of Sex, Theft, Friendship & Musical Theatre – by Marc Acito
The Tower of Ravens: book one of Rhiannon’s Ride – by Kate Forsyth
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Melissa McClelland – Stranded in Suburbia
28. What did you want and get?
29. What was your favorite CD of this year?
I don’t really know. Melissa McClelland? Anna Nalick?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn’t see many and I didn’t really love the ones I saw. I did like The Fantastic 4, and of course Harry Potter.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On the exact date, I went to my parents’ for dinner. But FOR my birthday, I had a Birthday Bowling Extravaganza. I turned 29. That was in January.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A record deal.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
34. What kept you sane?
Chelsea. She’s been my godsend this year. Thank you. *grin*
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gee, I have no idea. I’m not big on the celebs. Oh, wait! THE ROCK! *rrawr*
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Apparently there is going to be an election on my birthday in 2006. I only write this because it makes me cranky. Other than that? I know nothing of politics, mostly because I don’t care.
37. Whom do you miss?
This year I missed a lot of people from my past. I was sad that I had lost contact with them for various reasons. Cheryl Crozier – my best friend until third grade when her family moved to Mississauga; Scott Cooper (Sctoo!) & Tracy W & Karen Cleveland – from my early 20s and the Due South Days. I often wonder what these people are doing and how they are. I wish I could reconnect.
38. Who was the best new person that you met?
Chelsea. Although it was really the Fall of 2004 that we bonded as we broke the photocopier. She’s helped me learn how to have fun and just go with it.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
I don’t need everyone to like me. I know I am doing the best job I can and that’s what counts.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
no one can find the rewind button now
so cradle your head in your hands